A Healthy Dinner in 40 Minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 3/4 to 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 large shallot
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced, or 1 small daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as sambal oelek)
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Put the chicken in a medium pot with just enough water to cover; add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat and cook until the chicken is firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of salted ice water. Drain the chicken and plunge into the ice water for about 30 seconds to stop the cooking. Drain again.
- Grate the ginger and shallot into a small bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons peanut oil, the sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon each sugar and salt.
- Toss the cucumber and radishes with the chili sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon sugar in a large bowl. Add the watercress and toss.
- Divide the salad among plates. Slice the chicken and add to the plates, then top with the ginger mixture. Drizzle with the lime juice.
Vidmate is an app that lets you download videos and songs from Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, SoundCloud, Metacafe, and loads of other multimedia sites. FREE Download Vidmate App 3.08 VidMate app is an easy to use and powerful android app to download